Is the age of 23 a boundary due to the Airline Transport Certificate

Let’s say at the age of 20 I have all licenses except for the Airline Transport Certificate, then at that point besides flying for ATP as an instructor could I do anything else besides that until I turn 23 to get that final certificate as I don’t seem that fond of being an instructor and is that final certificate the only thing stopping you from flying for regional/major airlines ect?

If you meet all of the hour requirements, you can get a Restricted ATP at the age of 21. You will be limited to SIC operations but once you turn 23, you can get the restriction on your cert lifted.

Ibraim,

Keep in mind an ATP is only required for 121 operations (aka airlines). There are actually a number of jobs out there you could do at 20 (light cargo, scenic tours, even some corporate positions, etc). It’s a matter of seeing what’s available in your area.

Thing is while there are many flying jobs that don’t require an ATP, most (other than flight instructing) require a minimum amount of hours, which in most cases will be more than you’ll have after completing your training. This is the reason most pilots build there time instructing. Your problem won’t be your age getting to the airlines, it’s building the time.

Adam