Living expense stipend

What exactly is LIVING EXPENSE STIPEND? Does ATP pay for your food and everything while you’re enrolled to housing as well? Is there anything that you have to pay for to get money elsewhere? Also what are Examiner fees?

Sahal,

Not sure what you’re referring to stipend wise? Housing costs, while greatly reduced, is not included in the program nor any other living expenses. Examiner fees are fees paid directly to the examiners for the various checkrides. The only other expenses are misc required gear (headset, kneeboard, iPad) and the $500 training bundle.

Adam

Well theres checkboxes for the page where you have to choose for everything to add up to your payment total, and one of the options say “Living expense Stipend” which I have no idea what it is, I also wanted to know so ATP or SallieMae doesnt pay for your housing costs? Meaning id somehow have to save up before enrolling? & Lastly what do I have to learn before enrolling myself into ATP? About aircrafts

Contact Kirk with finance office to explain the details. It just allows you to use student loan funds to pay for some living expenses while you’re a student.

Sahal,

The living expense stipend is an extra amount that you can take out on your loan to help cover your living expenses, it is up to you how you spend that money. ATP will not be paying for your food or living expenses. Examiner fees are the fees paid to FAA examiners to cover your checkride fees.

You will need to check with the finance department for more information on all of this.

Chris

1 Like

Chris is correct. You are looking at the Finance Application Guide.
The items under “Include:” are expenses you can add to your student loan if you need money for them during training.

. Capture Finance

Just out of curiosity, what is the ATP training bundle?

See here: https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/bring/items_for_acpp.html#/atp-training-bundle

1 Like

Thanks Adam. As far as the travel bag, what is it for? I have a luggage works rollerboard. Would that work instead?

LW roller will be fine, and you won’t look like a Flight Attendant :slight_smile:

Adam

2 Likes

Yogev,

The travel bag is for packing your clothes on overnights. You might find that the rollerboard is too large for the small baggage compartments in general aviation aircraft.

Chris

Lol

Chris,
That is so cool! I had no idea that there were overnight trips in training. Can you please tell me more? When do those trips take place?

Yogev,

These trips take place during the cross country phase of your training, which is in between the instrument and commercial training.

Chris

Any nice places to go in the Chicago area?

I’m partial to Giordano’s and Frontera Grill in ORD Term B :slight_smile:

Adam

Subway in American’s terminal.

Just a joke.

2 Likes

HA! Frontera for the win!!

1 Like