Maximum frequency of training in flex-track?

I definitely need the schedule flexibility of flex track, so I would not be able to do the fast-track. However, I am lucky enough to only need to work 8 days / month and I can determine which days in advance, so I could potentially be available for 20-22 days / month to train and fly. I’m trying to figure out how long the program would take on that basis - is that the same amount as the fast-track, maybe 90% or 80% of the fast-trak pace, what’s your best guess?

Jeff,

While the Flex-Track has a minimum requirement I don’t believe there’s a maximum. The problem is, unlike the the Fast Track, the Flex-Track is based more on instructor availability and that could potentially show you down. I would contact admin for a more concrete answer.

Adam

Jeff,
Well you would definitely meet the minimum events requirement with that amount of time off. Going at a faster pace is possible but it depends on instructor availability, weather, how your ground knowledge is progressing, etc. I’m sure you could get a more definitive answer from admin. Have you considered just jumping in to the fast track program instead?
-Hannah

I would love to do the fast track, but is there any way to do that and have weekends off? Unfortunately I would need those 8 days a month to get my other work done - and it sounds like working in the fast track program is a bad idea…

Jeff,

It is a bad idea and no, ATP needs you on weekends too.

Adam

Jeff,
Don’t get me wrong, going fast track means you have to take a leave from your job because it is a full time responsibility. I just see that you’re only working 8 days a month already. Seems to me that you’re about 3/4s out the door at your job already. Comparing the two programs, I think the benefits of taking a leave or quitting to expedite your training and use the more efficient program aka the fast track would benefit you greatly. Just something to think about.
-Hannah

1 Like