My Discovery Flight with ATP Flight School (YIP)

Howdy! So, this past weekend I finally scheduled my admissions/discovery flight with ATP Flight School at Willow Run Airport. It wasn’t the most ideal weather, but I had a very nice experience. My instructor, Noah was very helpful and answered all of my questions. This was an experience that I’ll remember for the rest of my life. After having the pleasure to fly with ATP, I’ve decided to train with ATP once I finish getting all of my ducks in a row.

-Steven

Great to hear Steven!

Glad you enjoyed. If you’re going to fly for a living you will have to get used to weather that’s less than ideal. Kind of comes with the territory.

Adam

1 Like

Steven,

Welcome back to the forum, congratulations on moving forward and putting your foot forward. Sounds like everything went well during your visit, please let us know how things go with your experiences when you get the chance. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

Brady

1 Like

Very true Adam! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks Brady! I’ll definitely keep everyone posted as I go through the process.

Steven,

Sorry to hear you didn’t have the perfect sunset flight! However, now you have a more realistic impression of flight training and it’s many challenges :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’ve decided to take the leap with ATP. Let us know how else we can help prepare you for your upcoming start date.

Hannah

1 Like

Thanks Hannah! I’m pretty sure that over the course of 7 months, I’ll be exposed to all kinds of weather :sweat_smile:! I’ll keep y’all updated on my progress.

-Steven

What did you think of the training facility at YIP? I’m looking at training at YIP after I get my PPL

Hi Ross

The Willow Run training facility is pretty nice. According to the instructors, it’s one of ATP’s larger locations. However, when training in Michigan, the 7mo timeline is applicable only if things go perfectly (weather, DPE’s, etc.). 12 mo is more of a realistic timeframe for training. According to the students and instructors there. I would recommend you to save a little (or request extra funds) for an additional 5mo.

Steven

1 Like