Program Complete!

I haven’t posted here in a while but yesterday I passed the MEI checkride and officially completed the Airline Career Pilot Program. My experience at ATP was exactly as advertised and I was very happy with how the program was organized and run.

I would love to stay and instruct with ATP. For those who have completed the program recently, what does it look like after? Does ATP give you a list of locations to choose from and how long does the process take? I know at the moment with everything going on it is taking a month or two in some cases, and that not everyone gets an offer. ATP did tell me that they will be offering me a position because of my pass rates though. In any case, just trying to get an idea of what’s coming.

Thanks guys!

Sam

3 Likes

Sam,

Congratulations on finishing the program, that is a huge accomplishment! Thank you for the update and please keep us in the loop as you progress through your career.

Chris

1 Like

Sam,

Seriously MAJOR KUDOS!. Definitely not an easy task and you should feel really good about yourself.

Adam

1 Like

Thanks Chris and Adam, I appreciate it.

Sam

Hey Samuil, congratulations on completing the program. When it’s your time they’ll send an email with a link containing the currently available locations. It’s first come first serve, so if you see your preferred location request it immediately. If you don’t, update the page frequently as there seemed to be new locations being added and removed almost by the hour. I believe you have one week to commit to a location. It took me about four weeks to get the call. Good luck!

1 Like

Congratulations Sam! I finished the ACPP recently as well. Received an offer to instruct the same day. Was offered locations just 5 days after and I am going to indoc at this moment. ATP is caught up ob instructor indoc so expect emails shortly!

1 Like

That’s good to know, thanks David.

Thanks Anderson; that’s along the lines of what I’ve heard. I know there is somebody at my location who finished the program about a month ago and still waiting to get a call. Hopefully soon.

Congrats Sam what a great accomplishment! keep us posted on how the flight instructing and beyond goes!

1 Like

Little late to the party, but CONGRATS Sam! Also hats off to you for receiving the job offer. Being an Instructor was some of the coolest flying I’ve done. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Tory

1 Like

Thanks Tory. Definitely looking forward to being an instructor. Thank you guys (you, Chris, Adam, and everyone else here) for all the help along the way. Even though I did not post often, anytime I had a question I could usually find the answer here.

Sam

2 Likes