SkyWest April 2022 Schedule

Hey everyone!

April was a nice shift in pace. I was pretty fatigued from the craziness of March, as soon as our schedules were released I posted nearly every trip in Open time. Luckily, I had a four-day and a standup back to back picked up by other crew members. This meant I had an entire 10 day block in the middle of the month off! I browsed open time for some premium pay trips but I decided I needed the rest instead. I spent some much needed time at home and even went on a spontaneous beach vacation. This is one thing I love about this industry- schedule flexibility!

You’ll notice a big red bar labeled DIOE. That means the Captain is a check airman and crew support displaced me from that trip in order to get an IOE completed. The four day got replaced with an easy three day with a free hotel on Tuesday night. I got paid for the higher credit trip, so in this case the 4-day even though I worked the 3-day. The Saturday local wasn’t replaced with anything so I got the day off and got paid the 4 hrs of credit.

In total, I logged 57 hours of block time and credited 69 hours of pay with 16 days off.
TAFB (Time away from base): 268 hours which came out to $536 (non-taxed) per diem.

1-OFF
2-ORD-GRB
3-GRB-ORD-HPN
4-HPN-ORD-TUL-ORD
5-OFF
6-OFF
7-ORD-CMH-ORD-LWB-SHD-IAD
8-IAD-OGS-IAD-PBG
9-PBG-IAD-CKB-JST-IAD
10-IAD-SHD-LWB-ORD
11-OFF
12-OFF
13-OFF
14-OFF
15-OFF
16-OFF
17-OFF
18-OFF
19-OFF
20-OFF
21-ORD-FSD-DEN-SLN-HYS
22-HYS-SLN-ORD-PAH-CGI
23-CGI-PAH-ORD-PAH-CGI
24-CGI-PAH-ORD-BNA-ORD
25-OFF
26-DIOE Displaced *OFF
27-ORD-TYS-ORD-FWA
28-FWA-ORD-TUL
29-TUL-ORD-ROC-ORD
30-DIOE Displaced *OFF

1 Like

Hi Hannah, thanks for sharing and wanted to clarify what “standup” means?

Ravi,

A standup is a split duty trip. It’s typically the last flight of the night and first flight of the morning with a minimum rest time. They are very efficient on credit because you get paid for the block time plus the “scheduled rest opportunity of 3 hours”. So block time is 2:41 but you get paid for 5:25.

Here’s what one looks like:

Hannah

Fun fact: As some of you may or may not know last year Hawaiian started doing InterIsland overnights. IMMEDIATELY ALL the former SkyWest pilots we have (and we have quite a few) started pushing for “standups” as apparently they were very popular. We approached the company with the idea. Problem was/is, with our min daily guarantee the company would’ve needed to pay for 2 full duty days which would’ve been too expensive. I believe that’s the reason you don’t see standups at the Majors.

Adam

Interesting… a lot of people love them. They aren’t my cup of tea. I love my sleep.

Hannah

I did one stand up at Continental, it was absolutely awful. I am so glad that we do not do those trips anymore.