SkyWest June 2022 Schedule

June was a pretty inefficient month. Credited 101 hrs of pay and flew 81 hours of block with 9 days off. Trips company wide have been less efficient this summer, lower block/credit per days away. Flight Ops got mixed pairings approved to help fix that problem. That means in a 4 day trip you can fly a mix of carriers and airframes. Day 1-3 for DL on the 900 and day 4 AA on the 700. Not much changes for us in the flight deck, more of a hassle for the Flight attendants having uniform changes.

AA CRJ 700
31 ORD-PVD-ORD-BNA
1 BNA-DFW-MEM
2 MEM-ORD-IND-ORD
3 OFF
4 OFF
UAL CRJ 200
5 ORD-ATL-FWA
6 FWA-ATL-SBN-ATL-SBN
7 SBN-ATL-FWA
8 FWA-ORD-FOD-MCW-ORD
9 OFF
10 OFF
11 OFF
12 DIOE (Displaced IOE)
AA CRJ 700
13 ORD-MSP-ORD-CVG
14 CVG-ORD-CID
15 CID-ORD-LIT-ORD
16 OFF
17 OFF
MIXED PARING DL CRJ 900/AA CRJ 700
18 ORD-MSP-ATW-MSP-BIS
19 BIS-MSP-BIS
20 BIS-MSP-FAR-MSP-MKE
21 (AA CRJ 700) MKE-ORD-CLE-ORD-GRR-ORD
22 OFF
23 OFF
AA CRJ 700
24 ORD-DTW-ORD-TYS
25 TYS-ORD-BNA
26 BNA-ORD-CID-ORD
UAL CRJ 200
27 ORD-HPN-ORD-FWA
28 FWA-DTW-ATW-DTW-ESC
29 ESC-DTW
30 (SICK CALL)
31 (SICK CALL)

5 Likes

How are you feeling after a month like this? Looks like a lot of work with not very many days off. At least you don’t have to change your uniform :wink:

Tory

@Hannah how have your layovers been with the new mixed pairings? I’m noticing on the ERJ side that our overnights are a lot shorter (near min rest). :-1:t2:

1 Like

I am feeling pretty exhausted. July I was able to swap a lot of my trips with open time stuff. Now I’m at 11 days off with about 92 hours. Just got Aug bid with CQ and a week of vacation and I’ll get a huge break to catch up a bit. 18 days off (including my VAC) 40 hours of flying plus 4 days in DEN for CQ.

@scottman Yes! That’s the same on the CRJ side as well. 12 hrs is the new average overnight with many closer to min rest.

1 Like

New here. I don’t understand the acronyms on SkyWest schedules. What does “AWD”, “ADD”, “LCA”, “RLC”, “RJT” mean on SkyWest schedules? Thanks for taking the time.

Coop,

Most of those are labels for the scheduling department. The TTA and AWD designate whether you were originally awarded that trip from your bid where a TTA was a trip you traded in open time or with another pilot.

DIOE, is “displaced IOE”. Meaning the training department took your trip to give to a new pilot IOE. (You’re pay protected for it)

LCA is actually a title, Line check airman. It’s a captain that can do new pilot IOE trips.

NJM is no junior man. That is a label for crew support that I wasn’t legal to be “junior manned” in to a trip.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hannah

Thanks Hannah. Helpful stuff as I am looking at various FO schedules. Do you happen to know what ADD means on a schedule?

ADD is something you pick up that wasn’t originally on your schedule.

Hannah

1 Like

Hey Hannah,

Do you have a minimum number of guaranteed days off?

Patrick,

Yes, SkyWest has 12 days minimum guaranteed off.

Hannah

Hello,

I am considering the industry, and I was just wondering how often on your work days do you make it back to you home base?

Justin,

There are many factors but on the average pilots work 15 days a month. Junior pilots work more, senior pilots work less.

Adam

Justen,

You should plan on being away from home on almost all of your work days. Typically we fly multi day trips.

Chris