Update…

Update
Hey y’all :wave:!

So, after some consideration, and discussion with a few family members, I have come to the conclusion to obtain my PPL outside of ATP. Now, with that being said, ATP is quite a fine school (the best in the country, in fact). However, for my personal situation, I think it would be best to go about obtaining my PPL at a slower pace. The reason being that I want to make sure that I actually have an aptitude for flying in general. I also believe that by going slower, I’ll be able to digest the material better. The last thing I want to do is jump into a highly accelerated program, not knowing anything related to flying, then I wash out. I personally feel like for me, getting my PPL at a slower pace will give me the greatest chance of success as a whole. I found a pretty decent school near where I live, and will be flying around 2-3 lessons per week. I do intend on enrolling into ATP’s ACPP with Private credit once I do obtain my PPL.

I’ll keep everyone updated on my progress through training. Mainly as a personal log, but it may be helpful information for those who want to do what I’m doing.

Steven

1 Like

Steven,

That sounds like a solid plan with very good reasons. Please keep us up to date as you go through your training.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,

Absolutely! My next step is to schedule a medical examination, as well as purchase a few training materials. I’m look at starting in the coming weeks! I’m super excited!

Steven

Steven,

I think you’re making a good decision. You know yourself best. Ease in and see how it goes! Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Hannah

1 Like

Hannah,

Definitely, I’ll keep everyone posted! :smiley:

Steven

Steven,

I always say that’s really the only reason to get your PPL first. Wise decision sir.

Adam

1 Like