Which Bose Headsets to Buy?

I was looking on Bose’s website and show a list of a few headsets options, which would I need?

1 Like

Marcus,

Dual plug, straight cable. Bluetooth or not is up to you BUT know if you’re flying with me (or someone like me) and I catch you using the Bluetooth during the course of doing business I will throw them out the window, cut the cord or some other method of destruction :slight_smile:

Adam

2 Likes

Adam,

Soooooo your fellow pilot trying to catch the game at 45,000 ft is a no no? :joy:

Yuran

I’m not a pilot yet but completely agree with you Adam, why have such a distraction. I believe all your attention,concentration, and especially focus needs to be on the task at hand.

Yuran,

Since my Airbus has a ceiling of FL410 if I found myself at 450 my fellow pilot catching the game would be the least of my problems :slight_smile:

Adam

Adam,

I see where being at FL450 might be a small problem :joy: I guess the game would have to be caught at FL350 instead :smirk:

Sorry, super new here, if this is a dumb question: I am looking at ATP Flight School and I heard you want the Bluetooth version so that Foreflight will be able to give you alerts or warnings to your headset while flying. Did I misunderstand?

1 Like

Chris,

I haven’t heard students using it for that purpose. There is a traffic alerting system built in to the Garmin G500. The only big use of the Bluetooth that I used in the instrument phase is the ability to connect your headset to your phone to call to get your clearance at a remote field. It was easier to hear them with the noise cancelling in the headset than a phone on speaker competing with the noise of the prop.

Hannah

2 Likes

M,

I hadn’t heard that either and the only thing I’ve seen pilots use their BT for is listening to music when they shouldn’t be so I can tell at them :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

I can see where the Bluetooth would be handy for picking up clearances, just make sure not to use for things you should not be, like talking on the phone inflight or listening to music.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,

You might be thinking of ForeFlight Pro. The Pro and Performance versions of ForeFlight alert pilots of hazards like impending runway crossings, but in order to get those alerts over a headset an AUX cable is still required. As the others have said, the primary purpose of Bluetooth is for obtaining and canceling IFR clearances at non-towered airports.

Tory

2 Likes

Anyone upgrade to the new Bose A30s?

Stephen,

I flew with one new FO who just got them and he was very happy with them.

I’ve been a Bose cheerleader for decades and every model has improved on the last. While I don’t have any experience with them, I’m pretty sure they’re great.

Adam

1 Like

How… I ordered mine and they have not shipped. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Brady

1 Like

Guess he’s special? :wink:

Adam

2 Likes

Well Brady, this is where we point out that you are a regional pilot and Adam’s co-pilot is a major airline pilot. Apparently Bose has figured out the hierarchy to the aviation world.

2 Likes

Seniority… I presume. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s cold Chris… funny, but cold :grinning:

Adam

2 Likes