Written exams/ what to study?

Logan,

Nice job! Thanks for the report and keep it up!

Adam

Logan,

Awesome score on the PAR, that’s great - your hard work paid off well!

Start on the IRA software from Sheppard Air and take both the IRA and FII at the same time. Additionally, you should consider the IGI within the same week as that is a ticket written for your Gold Seal CFI!

Brady

Thanks for the feed back Logan, I’ll be taking it in about two weeks and have the first half of sportys 1000 questions remembered pretty good. Working on the second half now. Sometimes I find my self not even reading the question carefully, just remembering the answer. Hopefully it’s the same way on the test.

Some of the questions were worded very slightly differently than on Sporty’s, but I didn’t really notice much difference other than very small word changes. The one W&B question I got was verbatim from Sporty’s. The answer memorization route is a very doable strategy. It’s even easier on the non-mathematical questions, since the answers are usually entire phrases or sentences that you can recognize very quickly.

Sounds helpful, like you said about the wind direction Questions, what exactly tells you weather to use a right hand traffic or left hand, as well as the degree of the run way?

Could go into more detail over Facebook/Instagram if needed. Could send a pic, etc.

I was referring to E6B wind correction and cross country planning questions. The basic traffic pattern and airport regulation stuff is super simple. (Hint: it’s left traffic unless the Chart Supplement says otherwise, and the runways are marked by magnetic heading, not true.)

Yeah, I got that part. It doesn’t have a chart the questions I’m referring to, but I’ll get it figured out.

Currently studying for my ATP Multiengine written (1,044 questions) and I was on the phone with Sheppard Air for about 30 minutes the other day. Great individuals there and very understandable about students need and success. The customer service representative and I had an awesome conversation about the success of students that use their software.

YOU have to follow the study strategy. I’ve followed it every time and not once has it failed me, I’ve gotten 90s.

Brady

Logan,

Very nice work. Get ready for that Instrument exam, it can be tough, but there is some really important information in there.

Chris

Well, after I got my self back into study mode, I used the Sportys private app and passed my Par a few weeks ago. The last 6 days I’ve been using Shepard air and studying 6 hours a day or so, today I passed my IRA, and my FII. Feel very relieved to have these done prior to my start date. I’m fixing to purchase the Cax From Shepard air and hopefully have it completed prior to my state date as well. Little over a week out and now having to switch locations because of hurricane Ian.
Big relief to have these writtens completed!

Keaton,

As we always say, trust the Sheppard Air process. :pray:t2: Good work getting the writtens you have completed, hopefully good scores too!

Brady

They were all good scores. Done the best on the Private though, I studied for it longer.

Keaton,

Great work getting so many of the writtens finished. That will serve you well when you are in the program.

Thanks for the update.

Chris

Keaton,

Great work! The IRA in 6 days in no small feat. That work ethic and commitment to the books will serve you very well.

What location did you switch to?

Hannah

Switched to Daytona. Do you have any insight on it? Heard the airspace is crazy, which can be a good thing. I know it’s an international airport, plus riddle is there. I’m definitely looking forward to it.

I have the Sportys app and if possible can I message you some questions?

Starla,

@Kholden2 last post is from Oct of 2022. Not sure if he still monitors the forum. If you have some questions about the app or even some specific questions, feel free to post and we’ll do our best to help!

Hannah

1 Like