Written Results Question

Hey all, with my start date coming up in January - i’m almost ready to take my private written. I’m getting 90-95% on all practice tests I take. My main question is while I will ALWAYS strive for the best - What score would you recommend a retake? The main reason I ask this is I saw a post earlier about someone taking a FIA written and getting a 76 and was recommended a retake. What is the rate you would recommend? Under 90? That’s how I feel, but i dont want to spend extra time and heart ache where it’s not needed especially because I want to get all my writtens done before I start.

Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

I would not bother retaking the tests unless you got 80% or less, but I would strive for no less than 90%

Michael,

While 70 is passing I always advise 90s. I have friends who are DEs and they all agree the FAA Knowledge tests are a reflection of the amount of effort you out forward as all the info is readily available. A weak score and they will make sure the oral will be a VERY thorough and possibly painful experience.

Adam