Best ATP flight school?

Which are the best ATP locations in the US? I ask this because ATP has a location in Chicago but it’s way too cold over here. 20 degrees right now if you were interested. I feel like one should train in warm weather and clear skies especially if you are a beginner.

David,

If there was one best ATP flight school everyone would go there. ATP works very hard to standardize its training so students receive the same level of training regardless of location (think McDonald’s). The best ATP location is the one that works best for you.

Adam

David,

I would pick the location that is most convenient for you and not give it any more thought. ATP’s locations are all very standardized and they wouldn’t offer the program at a location if it was not viable.

Chris

Yes but isn’t flying in warm weather better than cold? Especially if it snows somedays

David,

Small airplanes cannot fly in the snow. But ORD only has so many actual snow days. Meanwhile, Florida has all sorts of thunderstorms year round, which presents its own set of challenges. It all balances out in the end.

As an aside, airplanes actually perform much better in cold weather than in hot.

Chris

If you had the option between the two, where would you go?

I would go to whichever one was more convenient for me.

David,

There are advantages to almost every climate. I personally instructed in the Northeast and I believe being exposed to a variety of weather makes you a better pilot which to me is the primary goal.

Adam

David,

Don’t over-complicate it. ATP has 38 locations to provide a convenience to the most amount of people possible. Deciding which one to attend is supposed to be the easy part.

Tory