College Grades

Hello! I’ll make this short - I have a 3.25 GPA in college in my first semester and I’m not entirely sure if this is good or not so good. Everyone on this forum is a pilot (or potentially) and a college graduate so i feel i can get the best info from you all. My questions are: Is this a good GPA if i want to be a pilot? Would this satisfy airlines and ATP?

Thank You,
Dakota Davis

Dakota,

When I interviewed at Continental, they required a 3.0 or better GPA. I think your GPA is acceptable, but I would try to keep it from going any lower.

What I would strongly encourage you to work on is your capitalization. The word “I” should always be capitalized, not left as “i”. This might sound like a small thing, but this is a very basic writing skill and something that you absolutely will be judged on.

Chris

1 Like

Dakota,

3.25 is fine (actually never came up in any of my interviews) but I am curious. You’re currently IN college and you don’t know what constitutes good grades? Further if you’re not sure then work harder. Good enough shouldn’t be good enough.

Adam

I know college is different. For example I asked several of my employees who are also in college the same question regarding what is considered good in college and I got different answers ranging from 3.2 to 3.8. Im just trying to find the correct answer.