How important is College GPA

Hi again! Quick question I was wondering: How important is College GPA for getting jobs with Major Airlines? Do they mainly just look at if you have a degree or will they factor in GPA as well? If they factor it in, what would you say is a competitive College GPA?

Thank you!

Heath,

They absolutely look at your GPA. Most would like to see at least a 3.0. Lower is not necessarily a deal breaker but it may prompt a conversation during your interview.

Adam

1 Like

Ok makes sense thanks!

Heath,

I have always heard that 3.0 is the magic number. I doubt this is written down anywhere, but anything above that score is usually acceptable. Of course higher is always better.

Chris

1 Like

Ok that’s good to hear. I have a 3.9 right now and I just wanted to make sure my hard work isn’t for nothing if major airlines are just checking a box if I have the degree

I think a 3.9 will look very nice on an application.

1 Like

Ok awesome! Also a quick follow up question, how much will the university attended normally be taken into account? I am studying online through the UVU professional pilots BA because they will accept ATP FAA Certifications as credit towards my degree and allow me to study online right now while I live overseas. Will airlines look down on degrees from certain colleges or even online degrees?

Heath,

As long as your degree is obtained from an accredited university you will be fine. An online degree from UVU meets the standard that airlines want.

Tory

1 Like

Perfect thanks!

1 Like