Cost of ATP versus the other

Upper Maryland. It is about an hour and a half from Trenton. It’s actually midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia on I-95.

ATP Trenton actually called this morning and said it had to be rescheduled. I was a little bummed because I think it would of been a good thing to see operations in the rain.

I was in New Jersey this morning, if I were the instructor I would have cancelled as well. Introductory flights really need to be done in good weather. It will be a far better experience for you this way.

Upper MD, I used to own a pizzeria in OCMD MANY years ago.

Let us know how it goes.

Adam

Well if you lived in MD, I’m sure you know where Cecil County aka Ceciltucky is. That is where I come from. Who knows it is possible I was in your pizzeria years ago then if it was within 20 years since I was down in OCMD quite a bit. I went to OCMD quite a bit as a kid and teenager but its been 10 years since I been there.

I def know Ceciltucky!

I was there from 1995 to 2003. Pizza Boy on 11th and the Boards. It’s still there but the pizza ain’t as good :slight_smile:

Adam

haha oh man Adam. I sure ate Pizza Boy quite a few times from 95-03 on 11th. Only place that put real tomatoes on a pizza. Senior week was a blast in 03. Good times from 2000-2003 at Pizza Boy.

You wouldn’t believe it but I live 5 minutes from a Pizza Boy. There is one in Rising Sun, MD

It may be A Pizza Boy but I was THE original Pizza Boy (for real).

If you were there Senior Week there’s a good chance I threw you out! :slight_smile:

Adam

actually never got thrown out. I didn’t act like the typical “people” down there. I was there too early and actually ate and left unlike most of those crazy people.

pretty crazy actually seeing you on here since I visited your pizza boy. But really after I go to Trenton November 19 and if the weather cooperates, hopefully I can have good things to say about that location. I’m hoping if it goes well I could start either February or March of 2017. I managed a Planet Fitness gym so I know all to well about throwing people out as well.

Going to visit Trenton ATP on the 14th instead of the 19th. Since the weather looks somewhat compromised next weekend, I decided to take a day off work and visit the 14th. I look forward to sharing my findings on Monday.

When you all went to ATP, did you end up rooming with another student who started around the same time or was it with a CFI? I know it is a weird question but I was interested in how it work since studying I know is quite a large part of the program.

Dan,

It really depends on what is available. I know they try to separate students from instructors, but there is no hard rule and it has happened that the room was shared by both.
Really doesn’t matter to much, you can benefit from either one in my opinion.

Yarden

Dan,

I actually ended up with a room to myself the whole time. While that is not the norm, I sure enjoyed it.

Finally getting to visit Trenton November 21. November 14 had to be cancelled again. Hoping all goes well up there. Adam did you actually instruct in Trenton once done with the program there?

Dan,

I actually did my training in Manassas VA. The Trenton location didn’t offer the Career Pilot Program at the time and that was the closest to NY. I instructed in Trenton after I finished training. It was actually my first choice and NO ONE else’s so I got there right away!

One of the coolest things I ever did was years later when I was at ExpressJet I got to fly a charter flight into Trenton. It was one of those “yea I made it” moments :slight_smile:

Adam

I remember that same feeling when I first flew a jet into Fort Lauderdale, it felt really good to be back in the pig iron at the place where I first instructed.

1 Like

Chris is there any truth in United charging customers to use the overhead baggage compartment? I am wondering if stuff like that cuts into profit and therefore reducing customer travel and therefore pilots. Also I asked the ATP admissions department regarding the IPAD and they keep saying it is highly recommended to use cellular service on an IPAD. I am confused however since the IPAD would not be able to be use with cellular service above certain altitudes. What type of IPAD would you all recommend being that you are all in the field?

Dan,

United does not charge our customers to use the overhead. I can’t imagine us doing that anytime soon either. I will let Yarden speak to the iPad, but I would suppose that they are recommending the cellular service so that you can receive live weather and NOTAM updates while you are flight planning. United issues an iPad Air 2, we don’t get a choice. Just from personal preference I prefer the iPad mini, especially in a small cockpit like a Seminole. I find that the full sized ones are a bit big. All of this being said, I would buy whatever the admissions people are recommending as they are the most connected to this process.

Chris