Favorite Overnight

Hello there,

This is just a curious question for all the pilots in this forum. What was your favorite overnight and why? This is just simply out of curiosity. :grin:

Hassan

Hassan,

Honestly? Home :grin:

Aside from that, anywhere warm (near the ocean is preferable) or near a climbing gym.

When I was an FO I used to get a lot of SAN overnights. If there was enough time I surfed. Now that I’ve upgraded, I’m not senior enough to hold SAN overnights. So I’ve taken up climbing. It’s like solving a 3D puzzle with your body. So rewarding when you figure it out.

But again, nothing beats home.

Tory

1 Like

I think I can agree with that when it comes to travelling for a few months for me lol. Nice to see that you got a few overnights in my home city :grinning:

By the way, totally random but crazy how much Alaska expanded at SAN

I don’t really have 1 favorite.

Pre-Covid Nashville and Louisville were lit for the night life.

Traverse City MI is an awesome Lake/beach town to ride jet skis and have some beers with the crew.

Aspen, Flagstaff and Prescott are great outdoor and places for hiking and stuff.

Asheville and Shanandoah are cool to explore downtown. I’ve had college frats playing beer pong in the front yard ask if we wanted to join. We said yes to cornhole :sweat_smile:.

Almost everywhere has something to do if you’re there at the right time and have a good crew to hang with.

Chris F

1 Like

Always good to see growth

1 Like

Hassan,

As Chris said almost anywhere can be amazing. It’s what you like and what you make of it. I know many pilots who never leave their rooms except to get Subway and Starbucks. If that’s the case it doesn’t matter if you’re in Paris France or Paris Texas.

For me I guess it’s Oahu, which is why I live here.

Adam

1 Like

Hassan,
My favorite overnight so far has been in Key West. All the cheap hotels are typically sold out so I’ve stayed in some beautiful places right on the beach with a fruity drink by the ocean. Hard to beat.

-Hannah

1 Like

Hassan,

On the international side, I would say Rome or Dublin. Rome is such an amazing, ancient city with all sorts of history and great places to eat and take in the views.

On the domestic side, I have always been a fan of Salt Lake and San Francisco. Salt Lake has some great places to hike right near by and San Francisco is awesome for walking along the bay.

Here is the view from one of the places I like to eat in Rome, it is right next to the Spanish Steps and the Piazza Trinità dei Monti:

3 Likes

Hassan,
I personally enjoy Hawaii layovers, nice long flight worth almost 9hrs of block from east coast when forced to go West. Almost always pleasant weather plus many activities from hiking to surfing if you get out of the hotel. When (before COVID) we did Europe, I personally enjoyed Munich/Frankfurt layovers (especially in the summer of course). Pleasant layovers, not much traffic so quick to the hotel, time for a nap, and then out and about the rest of the day/night.

Like Adam said though, most layovers are what you make of them. I fly with fellow pilots all the time that have been to Hawaii over 50 times, yet have never made the effort to snorkel at Hanauma Bay or go on a hike. I’ve flown with some that have been to London many times and have never seen the Winston Churchill/WWII command post museum.

1 Like

Chris,

It is awesome to see you mention Traverse City. I grew up not far from there and it is a hidden paradise. Lots of wineries if you ever get time to enjoy those. I am looking forward to seeing where this career path can take me.

Josh

1 Like

Wow you’ve definitely been to some amazing places! I can’t say that I don’t agree that you on the places you’ve been to!

Nice! Those are some pretty cool places!

Yeah that must definitely make the visit even better!

That is true and it does make sense on why you enjoy Oahu!

Deep sea fishing in Cabo

1 Like