Going for it at 41

I wanted to thank everyone, every mentor, every pilot, every person that has posted something that I read that helped me take this amazing and scary leap. I have a family that relies on me, and we know this wont be easy, but at 41 years of age I will be starting with ATP out of Richmond VA on May 2nd.

If you are like me and are a little older, don’t hold back if you can, go for it. Maybe I wont make Captain but this will be an amazing ride and a lot better then running a restaurant. I hope to be able to stay on, post and help encourage others, the way ya’ll have encouraged and inspired me.

Thank you everyone!!!

5 Likes

George,

Thank you for the kind words, to os nice to know that we played some small part in your aviation journey. Please do keep us up to date as you progress through the program, we love seeing updates. And of course, always feel free to come here with any questions you may have.

Chris

1 Like

George,

Thanks for the kind words and don’t be so sure. The way this industry is moving is unprecedented. You may find yourself much higher up the good chain than you think!

Keep us posted.

Adam

1 Like

George,

So happy to hear it. That’s exactly what we love to see. People chasing down their dream regardless of the stage of life they are in. Please keep us updated on your upcoming start date. Can’t wait to hear about your first solo! It will be here sooner than you think.

Hannah

2 Likes

Glad to see you going for it! I’m 37 so not too far behind you. It’s encouraging to see another older guy taking the leap too especially one with a family. I have my medical scheduled for next week so if all goes well, I’ll have a class date by the end of the month. Maybe I’ll see you around! Good luck, stay motivated!

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for. I’m 43 and have been a school teacher for the past 16 years. I’m doing all my research about the possibility of becoming a pilot and its good to know others in similar situations have gone on before me. I know your life experience will be a great asset as you achieve your goal. Good luck!

2 Likes

Jared, I’m also 43 and looking to make the change. Good luck to you as well!

2 Likes