Instrument Test

Hey guys,
I wanted to let you know that I passed my IRA today with a 90. I really wanted higher, but I suppose I shouldn’t complain :slight_smile: I’m taking the II next week. My start date is July 2, so I’m hoping to get them all done before then.

2 Likes

Lynn,

A ninety works for me. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Get those out of the way and you will thank yourself down the road! You are doing awesome. Keep up the good work!

Nice! Congratulations! 90 is veeery good! Best of luck!

Lynn, you’re killing it! Way to go! I took both my tests today. On my FII test, I didn’t see a single question that I hadn’t already seen during studying for the Instrument test. You’ll do great.

Good to know. I was debating whether I should take both tests on the same day or not–I’ve heard recommendations on both sides of the fence. I assume you would recommend to take both on the same day?

Lynn,

Great score! I’d be happy with that.

Trey,

Almost everyone takes the IRA and FII on the same day.

Tory

1 Like

It’s the same test, why wouldn’t you?

Adam

Yeah that’s the thing, some say it is the same others say it’s close but not necessarily. Ironically, the sources that say the tests are dissimilar are the companies selling software to prep for each test (go figure)…so there is obviously an incentive to get your to buy both prep materials.

This thread was really the only confirmation I needed. I’m going to study for another couple weeks and schedule both tests for the end of the month.

Lynn,

Looking at the IRA knowledge test guide, it looks like you are allowed to bring an E6B flight computer and a small electronic calculator (basic functions such as add, subtract, divide). Is this correct or I am reading the guide incorrectly?

Thanks much,

Trey

Yeah, you can bring it. I used my sportys electronic calculator. I would still call the testing center and double check with them.

Trey,

Most testing centers provide e6Bs, calculators and plotters but it’s always a good idea to have your own just in case.

Tory