Piloting Studies

Salutations.
I am a high student and I have always had piloting as my future career. I frequently asked myself what subjects should I do in order to achieve my dreams. I concluded by doing Pure Mathematics, Physical and Practical geography as well as Mechanics. Unfortunately, I could not make it in physics for year 11 and thus decided to do the subjects I mentioned above in Year 12. Next year (year 13) am sitting for my finals and pursue to go for flying school. My questions are,

1. Do my subjects qualify me to do the career?
  2. If yes, what will cost me for not doing physics in year 13(A level)?
  3. What will I go through for not doing physics?
  4. How long will it take me?
  5. Shall l it be able for me to acquire a commercial piloting license that easily even if I have done physics?
  6. What do I really have to do?
    Regards, Trevor.

Trevor,

By the sound of your email, I suspect that you might not be based in the US. As such, I recommend that you consult with resources in your country as regulations, hiring practices, etc vary widely from one country to another.

Chris

Yes, that is very true. I am particularly not a US resident but I am interested to have my flight trainings in the US. How is it going to be possible for me?
Did you have to do physics in your 12th grade? Refardless of not being a US resident, what requirements are you supposed to have from your high shool to do piloting?

Trevor,

You will need to reach out to a US-based school that helps train foreign nationals. At this time, ATP is not doing so.

Chris

Trevor,

The biggest obstacle for foreign students is the fact that the US requires you to be a citizen or have permanent resident status to work as a pilot and student pilots must go through a very thorough TSA background check. Beyond that there are no educational requirements to do flight training in the US.

Adam